Post Reply 6 posts Page 1 of 1
Tinybox and Bandhelper
  • ChrisHublitz

Tinybox and Bandhelper

by ChrisHublitz » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:10 pm

Dear team,
    second attempt to have this thread coming through :)
    In the Kemper-Forums, I already asked the question whether it is possible to have Bandhelper trigger changes of profiles and/or banks using the Tinybox4Kemper. This definitely would be a game changer for me and make it a "must-buy" as well.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
    Chris
  • TinyBoxAdmin
    Site Admin

Re: Tinybox and Bandhelper

by TinyBoxAdmin » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:26 pm

First of all sorry for the posting trouble. We had major spam issues on this forum, we hope to have it under control now and no threads should get lost in spam cleanup actions any more.

I remember your question about Bandhelper - or in general using TinyBox4Kemper to send MIDI from iPad to Kemper Profiler.
    While the general idea of the TinyBox(4Kemper) is to use a tablet as status display, it would be possible to expand this and make it a wireless MIDI gateway from tablet to TinyBox (and from there to Profiler in case of TinyBox4Kemper). Already now the iPad status display can be used as a wireless remote control for the Profiler.

In short, 2 things prevent me from implementing this functionality right away: lack of time + lack of iPad. I'm working on solving both... Currently I'm seriously trying the patience of people interested in the TinyBox. So after releasing a first TinyBox4Kemper version, the TinyBox gets first priority now.

Technical issue is that this kind of "reverse" MIDI communication from iPad to TinyBox requires a browser which supports Web Midi. Seems to be Chrome only for the moment, but I'll have to test. I just wonder why Bluetooth wouldn't be the preferred way of doing wireless MIDI - it seems to be available out of the box since iOS8.
  • TinyBoxAdmin
    Site Admin

by TinyBoxAdmin » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:53 am

lack of iPad
    At least as a first step I bit the bullet and ordered an iPad Mini this morning. Now back to work to keep things moving...
  • ChrisHublitz

by ChrisHublitz » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:16 pm

lack of iPad
    At least as a first step I bit the bullet and ordered an iPad Mini this morning. Now back to work to keep things moving...
    First step into the right direction ;)
    I appreciate and second your focus on the "dark side" of the Tinyboxers not using a Kemper :P (just kidding).
    I have plenty of time so no rush concerning implementing external usage of the Tinybox.
    If I can somehow be of help, let me know.

Regards,
    Chris
  • ChrisHublitz

by ChrisHublitz » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:35 pm

Dear team,

just wondering if there is anything new on this topic?

Regards, Chris
  • TinyBoxAdmin
    Site Admin

by TinyBoxAdmin » Wed May 16, 2018 3:57 pm

No news, Chris - due to some "priority changes" I won't have much time to spend on this project the next few months. I even didn't have time to check out my new iPad. The only thing I found out already with Apple is that you shouldn't forget your passcode... I had to spend several nights before I got the thing up and running again, after a full reformat, iOS reinstall and what not... :evil:
Post Reply 6 posts Page 1 of 1